Tahini + Sweet Potato Wedges
Okay, fine -- maybe Adam didn't say that about this recipe.
I don't know how I've managed to go this long in life without experiencing the beauty in my mouth that was these baked, soft sweet potatoes with the melt-in-your-mouth texture of tahini. The recipe is simple enough, too.
Total time: 50 minutes
18g net carbs
- 2 large sweet potatoes/yams
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 TBSP broccoli sprouts
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spray with coconut oil.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in halves until they're a wedge-like shape and size (or really whatever shape or size you want).
- Place them in the oven to bake at 400 degrees for up to 40 minutes or until they start to brown on the bottom.
- While the potatoes are in the oven, prepare your tahini.
- Take tahini and spread evenly on a plate or bowl.
- Grab your scallions and chop up until desired size.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, layer them on top of the tahini.
- Sprinkle scallions and sprouts as you wish.