Hasselback Butternut Squash
Hasselback Butternut Squash roasted and topped with butter, coconut sugar, earth fed muscle witch's whey pumpkin spice protein and sprouted grain Ezekiel granola!
I'm getting a bit carried away with the hasselback-ing lately but I just couldn't help myself. I saw Seasons & Suppers Maple Pecan Hasselback Butternut Squash on The Feed Feed and I had to check it out for myself.
The preparation and cook time on this is a bit longer than my usual recipes but sooo worth it.
- 1 butternut squash (about 8 inches long)
- Organic, unsalted butter
- 1 TSP organic honey
- 1/2 scoop Earth Fed Muscle Pumpkin Spice
- 1 TBSP coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Get a baking sheet out and prepared.
- Cut the butternut squash in half (from stem to bottom).
- Scoop out the seeds, pulp, and throw out.
- Peel off skin and whitish layer to expose bright orange skin.
- Place in pan set in oven for 20 minutes.
- While waiting for that - prepare coconut sugar glaze - melt 2 TBSP butter, 1 TSP honey. Once melted together add the 1 TBSP coconut sugar and 1/2 scoop of EFM Pumpkin Spice.
- Remove squash from the oven.
- Using a sharp knife, cut slits in the squash, cutting only 3/4 of the way through.
- Return cut squash to baking sheet and brush it with melted glaze.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water in the pan, return to oven for 15 minutes @ 425.
- Repeat step 11.
- After the second 15 minutes, remove the squash from the oven. Grab Ezekiel granola and top squash & in between slits - add the final 1/4 cup of water to the pan and place back in for a final 10 minutes.